Friday, December 30, 2016

Tropical Holiday

In early December, my family in Colombia started to send me pictures of their beautifully decorated houses.  All of them included gorgeous Christmas trees with red shiny ornaments.  As I was looking at the pictures, it hit me.  I have a pine tree all year round, and I never look at it. It is not a unique thing for this time of the year.  My reply to my family was to acknowledge, and be grateful for what they have.  Instead of a decorated pine tree, I yearned to be in a warm place with tropical breezes, and beaches. Hence, instead of a pine tree I decided to have a coconut Christmas tree.  The picture above doesn't do it justice. It was a family project that included us all. 

As you can guess from the pictures, we are headed to the Dominican Republic.  It will be our first time visiting.  We look forward to explore the colonial zone in Santo Domingo, and enjoy the beach in Punta Cana. More than anything, I can't wait to see real coconut trees, and eat tropical food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!