Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Insects 2 #3

First off all, I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday.  I was discouraged to continue to blog until today.   I have been busy fixing my work schedule to allow more time to become involve in my city government. So far, I have attended meetings, and volunteered to get to know people in my community. I want to participate and make my voice heard.   With the upcoming presidential inauguration,  I feel a need to become active.  I realized that one of the few ways I can show others that Hispanic immigrants are a great assets is by sharing.  If what I type in this blog helps you become inspired, I will feel fulfilled. If it encourages you to change your mind about immigrants, I would have achieve my goal. 

We continued to study insects.  This unit has been amazing as it provided the kids with a great opportunity to discover and record their findings.  Above you can see the old skin of a meal worm.  The kids were recording their findings.

Here is a picture of their findings.  I apologized for them being sideways. 

Here is what is coming up next: We received 6 painted ladies caterpillars.  My goal is for the kids to observe, predict, document, and compare the life cycle of the meal worm and the painted lady butterfly. 

Note:  It is 12/28/16, and we have already completed this unit.  I would try to post as much as I can in the next two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!