Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Most Difficult Question

Tomorrow is going to be brutal.  My kids will wake up to ask me who won the election. It will pain me to say that it was not who we wanted to win.

I need the courage to explain that even though we don't like him, he represent us.

I hope that with my example my kids will learn that we don't judge nor hate those we don't know.

In our home hate is a strong word.  When we hate, we want to hurt.

But we do hate discrimination.
We do hate intolerance.
We do hate bullying.

We will fight discrimination, intolerance, and bullying.  We will hurt it with love, kindness, and respect for others. We will destroy it by becoming better people.

For those who share my broken heart, please don't give up.

I want to share a post that touch my heart:
http://www.mommymaestra.com/2016/11/an-open-letter-to-latino-parents.html

Stephen Colbert says it with humor:  Because "you can not laugh and be afraid at the same time" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m2valF3s84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!