Friday, February 26, 2016

Vacation Learning: Colombia #12 Medellín

For our last adventure in Medellín, we visited El Pueblito Paisa.  Paisas are the people from this area. We went to visit a replica of one of their little towns.  
Above is a picture of a bandeja paisa, a typical dish that includes rice, an egg, avocado, chorizo, ground beef, plantain, chicharrón, and a bowl of beans.  What can I tell you?  It was loaded!

Here is a view of the little town. 

Even though it was a cloudy and warm day, the views of Medellín were gorgeous. 

Here is the small church in the little town. 

We finally did some shopping at the little town.  This is what we picked to bring home. The cable cars move up and down. 

For the rest of the day, the kids swam in the pool, and we got ready for the two flights home. 

Here is Big Sister's journal entry remembering her visit to the Pueblito Paisa.


We have been back home for a month.  We are starting to get back to a routine.  I learned that my kids truly enjoyed learning about water, and it will be the next thematic unit we will be studying.  We just finished learning about teeth.  I will be adding a post soon.  
In terms of our next adventure, we don't have plans yet.  I have many places I would like to visit.  Puerto Rico is my #1 choice just because I would love to meet a group of homeschoolers that I keep on reading about =) Besides, It is an island that has so much to offer in terms of biodiversity, amazing beaches, history, delicious food, and a vibrant culture.
Where would you like to go next?

3 comments:

  1. I love virtually travelling with you. :) Your water unit sounds interesting. We're going to Italy skiing in a couple of weeks. We've always skied with the children in France before so they're excited to see how an Italian resort is different. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for virtually coming with us! Wow skiing in Italy! How exciting! You should go ahead an write a post comparing the skiing experience. I would love to read about it ;) In any sense, I hope you virtually take me with you.
    I am still figuring out a lot of things from what I am reading in your blog. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. En efecto!, nunca he ido a Colombia, pero me cuentan que es otra cosa!!! he estado muchisimo rato aqui viajando con ustedes!!! me parece super enriquecedora esta oportunidad de viajar y tener todas estas experiencias tan hermosas!!! Llevar tu "ambiente" a otro nivel!!! Me encanta Silvana, y gracias por tomarte todo ese tiempo en ir especificamente experiencia por experiencia para publicarla y compartirlas con nosotras!!! Wow!! Gracias. Y Muchas felicidades, este viaje educativo me encantó!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!