Thursday, June 18, 2015

Vacation Learning: Road Trip to Canada (06/15/15)

We woke up and packed everything in the car.  I put the key in and the car just didn't start. I panic for a bit, call my husband, and decided to look for help.  I probably ran the battery low using the car stove to warm up our food, or maybe I left a door open, or a light on.  
Luckily for us, there were two nice ladies cleaning the bathroom.  I told them about my car, and they radio a ranger to come give us a hand.  The wonderful ranger, and I should call him my hero, came with a battery booster. After just a minute the car was fixed.  We drove around for 30 minutes to recharge the battery.

During our drive around the park, we helped a snapping turtle get off the road. Cars are the #1 danger to snapping turtles.

Once the car was fixed, we headed to the beach.  On our way we also found a nice park.

It had rained the day before and we were able to spot very neat footprints.  I was curious about the ones above.  They were by the playground, which is a zone off limits to dogs.  There were no human footprints.  It made me ruled out a dog with his/her owner. 

We visited the McGregor's Nature Center.  We met the naturalist and after looking at my pictures, they were quite impressed by the size of the prints.  They told me it was a canine, but too big for a coyote. They said there are no wolves in the area.  The rangers talked to us about the possibility of coydogs.  There has never been a sighting of one, but it is a theory. 

After giving the rangers directions to the paw prints locations for further investigation, we kept on exploring the park. It has several habitats and it is very well maintained.  The walk boards allow cycling and walking on top of swampy areas, as well as, next to the beach.  

We spotted a few wild flowers on our way too.  

After our last day surrounded by the beautiful nature in the Ontario parks, we drove to London. We stopped at our hotel and unloaded it all.  Then we took the car in for a good cleaning.  I am not going to get into details, but it really needed it! 
Oh! the joy of having a clean car!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!