Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Home Learning 4/13/15

This weekend the kids planted with their dad.  As you can see in the picture, I was not around.  I was upstairs hiding from allergy triggers. 

Today we had a short visit to the learning room.  The kids and I went to bed very late the night before, and woke up rather late this morning.  One of my favorite things about homeschooling is that I allow them to sleep in as long as they need to. They are early risers, especially Big Sister, and need all the rest they can manage. 

In their journals, Big Sister wrote about how excited she is regarding the Midwest Horse Fair. My husband got tickets to, "The Epic Night of the Horse," as a surprised for all.  We are looking forward to exploring this year's theme: Galloping into the Future, and to get the chance to watch our favorite events like the drill team and breed presentations.
Little Guy wrote about his first day at the library´s story time for 4 and 5 years old.  It was a wonderful experience.  The librarian chose a superhero book!  I am signed up as a volunteer, and I am glad to be part of their experience.  

We are wrapping up all the letter stories from Letrilandia. Today we heard the story of little sister letter x.


Our objects with x were saxofón, perro boxer, taxi, xilófono, hexágono, and México (saxophone, boxer dog, taxi, xylophone, hexagon, and Mexico). 

Here you can see little Guy arranging his movable alphabet.  Big Sister decided to not use hers today. 

Above, you can see both word working notebooks.

Late before bed, we took out the xylophone we got several years ago.  It was a gift from their aunt.  I will be teaching them how to play, "Mary had a Little Lamb," tomorrow. 

Finally, we took out a lot of horse related materials.  I asked them to build a setting for a story they will be writing tomorrow.  They were very excited to arrange the little replicas, and share their ideas for a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!