Monday, September 8, 2014

Technology at home

Although I am a bit on the fence when it comes to technology for the kids, my husband proved to me that it is not always detrimental for the kids.  I was against having kindles for the kids because I worried they will become hooked on them.  I know too well how video games can be addictive.  Luckily, new technology comes with lots of neat advantages.  First of all, it comes with internet access to look into something we are learning about right on the spot.  It also is helping to get our big girl excited about reading in English.  For now, the little guy has us to read his kindle to him, and he is able to play a few games on it.
The two of them with their new kindles.

Big sister found a book about horses that she loves to read!

Little guy doing some puzzles that help him learn letters.

Big girl practicing cursive on her kindle.

If you have a kindle for your kids please share the types of activities your children enjoy. Do they have any cool apps that enhance their learning? Can you recommend some books? We are very new to this type of learning experiences.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!